If you are on the lookout for a good air compressor, then you are in for a treat because we are going to list down the top 10 air compressors of 2019. There are a lot of things to consider when getting an air compressor, one such factor is the fact that you should determine your ultimate purpose. If you know this one, then you have a specific feature in mind like how the storage will be or if it needs to be portable, etc.
But honestly speaking, it is actually better to get a portable one instead of hulling over a big and bulky air compressor. Why is that? It is because the air compressor releases of today can do the same thing as those of the bigger ones, so there is really no purpose of getting a big one when a small one can also do the same job. But again, it all boils down to your purpose. At the same time, you should also check the strengths and weaknesses of the component and fit those with your needs.
Further, you should also be aware of the amount of maintenance that it needs. Will you be able to properly maintain it? How about the maintenance cost? Definitely, these are questions you should answer before settling with an air compressor. More than that, you should also be aware of how loud it works. If you are working in an open space then the volume is not really an issue, but on the other hand, if you are in an enclosed space, then you should find out that operates quietly.
With that said, let us guide you through the process of choosing the right one and also in the process make you learn something special about air compressors. We are going to take a look at their features, pros and cons, and final verdict to really which one is the best for your needs. Also, we are going to give you some tips and tricks in our buying guide. Let us take a look at them!
Best Air Compressors Of 2019
This comparison table is to help you easily find what makes a specific air compressor stand out. It has the overall rating for both performance and longevity. At the same time, it has a power source so you can immediately see if it can work with an outlet or not. Further, you will see which one needs gas for it to work. There is also a PSI or pressure per square inch to see how powerful or how weak each of the different brands are. Lastly, there is also a best for column so you can determine which feature that specific air compressor specializes in.
|Product Image||Product Name||Rating||Infomation||Details|
|Dewalt DWFP55130 Heavy Duty 200 PSI||4.5/5||Power Source|
|Buy on Amazon|
|Dewalt DWFP55126 6 Gallon 165 PSI Pancake Compressor||4.2/5||Power Source|
Being Budget Friendly
|Buy on Amazon|
|Porter Cable PCFP02003 3.5 Gallon 135 PSI Pancake Compressor||4.5/5||Power Source|
|Buy on Amazon|
|Industrial Air Contractor CTA5090412||4.0/5||Power Source|
|Buy on Amazon|
|Porter Cable CMB15 150 PSI 1.5 Gallon Oil Free Fully Shrouded Compressor||4.0/5||Power Source|
|Buy on Amazon|
|Senco PC1010 1 Horsepower Peak ½||4.3/5||Power Source|
|Buy on Amazon|
|Makita MAC700 Big Bore 2.0 HP All In Compressor||4.5/5||Power Source|
|Buy on Amazon|
|Bostitch BTFP72646 3 Tool Compressor Combo Kit||4.0/5||Power Source|
|Buy on Amazon|
|California Air Tools CAT – 10020 Ultra Quiet and Oil||4.5/5||Power Source|
|Buy on Amazon|
|Porter Cable C2002 WK Oil Free UMC Pancake Compressor with 13 Piece Accessory Kit||4.0/5||Power Source|
Ease of Use
|Buy on Amazon|
Even if this one comes from the famed brand of DeWalt, you do not have to worry about the cost because it is a bit middle range in price. At the same, it has a design that is oil-free and its motor can draw up to 12 amps. The tripping of the breaker is avoided because it has a gentle startup. Further, it runs on 71.5 decibels which is pretty quiet compared to others and its operations were made to be free from too many maintenances.
More than that, it has a pump that runs on 90 PSI which can deliver 3.0 SCFM while paired with a 2.5-gallon tank. Its maximum PSI is 200. All in all, the weight of this compressor is 36 pounds so you can easily carry it by hand. At the same time, it can be easily stored because it is as thin as 12.5 inches. Also, it has the standard black and yellow design that is known to be that of the DeWalt brand.
In line with that, this air compressor can go well with other attachments and accessories just as long as it is by the brand of DeWalt. As for the recovery time, it is also great despite the compact size. The ball drain valve also comes with your purchase for your quick draining needs.
The size of it is a bit smaller than the usual so it does not hold a lot of power. In connection with that, the power may also run inconsistently. Therefore, some features might be problematic. Also, a hose does not come with the purchase.
This is best for people who consistently work on small to medium jobs. Also, if you do not have a lot of storage or if you are always on the go with an air compressor in tow, this will be perfect for you.
We have another air compressor from the DeWalt brand but this time, it is a bit cheaper than the previous one that we discussed. But that does not mean that this one is less of an air compressor, in fact, it has a few nifty features. Its total weight is 30 lbs. And it can easily start up even if you are dealing with cold weather.
Its dBA can be at 75.5 which is pretty unbelievable for its size. It is also a breeze to maintain but at the same time, it can provide more power than units that are bigger than its size. It also has two universal couplers which means that a lot of users can use it at the same time. Its console cover can also be easily removed if something needs to be repaired.
This one is a bit tricky to break in because it is a newer model. Although it is lesser in weight compared to the previous one, it is still too bulky which does not make it portable. You will be definitely surprised by the power that this little one packs.
Get this one if your main concern is your budget. Do not be fooled by how little this is because it actually needs more space than what it looks like.
This is also a light air compressor as it only weighs 26 lbs. But it is not the most portable because it tends to be bulky in its overall shape. Nevertheless, it is still easier to carry and store compared to other bigger compressors. It has a 135 PSI which is quite low but that is negated by the fact that it has a very fast recovery time.
At the same time, it has a low amp that has a 120 v motor which is bigger than what you expect for such a little machine. What is so special about it is the fact that it requires little to no maintenance. It has an oil-free pump which means that you will be able to use it for a long time. Also, the startup is fairly quick even though you are dealing with cold temperature.
It has a couple that quickly connects and two gauges. Further, be prepared as it runs loud as it has a dBA level of 82. Lastly, it does not come with other accessories so first time buyers should also invest in some separate equipment for it to work properly.
The parts are not really high-quality but they can still withstand the pressure. Do take note that even though it does require a lot of maintenance, the quality of the parts itself will eventually break down on you. Another problem is its very confusing warranty which will urge you to DIY the solution if something breaks.
If you are someone who can keep on purchasing spare parts in exchange for not maintaining your unit as much, this one is perfect for you. Also, remember to wear something on your ears while using this in order to prevent any damage to your eardrums.
This is a four-gallon air compressor that is a bit higher in price compared to the others in this list. But the difference is it uses patented technology in order to prolong the life of the pump. This means that it will last longer than its biggest competitors. Pontoon style is the name of the game when it comes to its overall design which also makes it portable.
More than that, it has two tanks which can evenly distribute weight which is great so it can be easily carried. As for its power, it has a 155 PSI which is perfect for tasks that are heavy duty. When this one is connected to an engine that has a 5.0 horsepower, it will surely be a tough one to beat. Just like the others, its design is also oil-free.
Further, it is low maintenance and has a smooth operation. Therefore, there is also less noise and it has the capacity to be used on a variety of different tools. At the same time, it has some quick connect tips so you can do away with the switching of your tools. Its warranty is a limited two-year warranty that will be able to cover most of its major components.
You really cannot say if the extra bucks that you will spend on this are worth it. Why is that? It is because there is really nothing that special about it. Yes, it has power and it can be very durable, but then that is it. You really cannot justify the steep price.
Get this air compressor if you have money to spare and your main priority is to keep it as long as you can. This does not require a lot of maintenance, but when something breaks down, you should be prepared to pay a hefty price for such exclusive parts. Also, the warranty may not be much of a use.
We are now back with yet another air compressor from Porter Cable. But this time, we have a much cheaper one that is a bit more compact. Not only that, this one is actually stronger. But the main attraction of this bad boy is its recovery time. In fact, its rating is actually 2.0 SCFM at only 90 PSI.
Therefore, it has guaranteed longer run times even at a maximum which is set at 150 PSI. Further, it has a big 1.5-gallon tank. It also weighs only 20 lbs. So, it is pretty lightweight. More than that, it has a water drain valve that is very easy to use. Also, it has rubber feet additions which help with the appearance of the said unit.
As for its motor, it also has a 120 v motor just like the other unit from Porter Cable. But do not worry because it can still work during cold weather. As for the noise, it has a 79 dbA level which is not really good nor is it bad. Therefore, it is pretty tolerable. Moreover, it has a vast accessory list which is great for those who are going to buy for the first time.
It is a well-built air compressor that packs a punch. Although it lacks some features that will make it as the best overall air compressor, it can still do the job. Some of the accessories are not really of high quality, but at the very least it comes with what you need for it to work.
If you are in need for something that is lightweight but is also powerful, then give this one a try. Keep in mind that no matter how small it is, it might produce such a loud sound. This is perfect for those who will use it most of the time because it has such a short recovery time.
This one was specifically designed to be used on small home jobs and other hobbies. It is so portable but what is so great is the fact that it runs quietly. It only has 73 dBA. Moreover, its peak is a full horsepower but it can already run completely on half a horsepower. It has an electric design that also does not require any oil.
The maximum PSI pressure is 125 and it can surely work efficiently because it can go easily from zero to 120 in just a mere 128 seconds. Therefore, it reacts so fast probably one of the fastest in this list. It stands very capably at four amps which can run with only 115 volts. Further, it has a coupler that can be quickly disconnected, output pressure that is regulated, and individual gauges in the tank. Lastly, it has a one year warranty.
No matter how quiet this runs, that will not overshadow the fact that this one lacks power. It can still work and finish its job, but be prepared to keep on recharging it. But again if noise reduction is your jam, then this is perfect.
The only saving grace of this one is the fact that no one might even know that you are working on something due to its low dBA. But other than that, it is a pretty decent air compressor. Again, this is perfect for small jobs, even then you might need to recharge in between.
For this air compressor, it has a pump that is made of cast iron. Further, it also has big pistons and a bore cylinder. With those features alone, one can easily conclude that this one was built for power. Moreover, it can consistently deliver great performance even after using it for a long period of time.
At the same time, it has a 1720 RPM for the pump which works quietly even though it is running on maximum performance. The same goes when it is running on low RPM. More than that, power is uninterrupted because it has the ability to reduce the voltage drops and tripped breakers because of its low amp draw. It has a 2.6-gallon tank which has 130 PSI. As for the weight, it is 52 lbs. Also, the coupler has the universal standard measurement of one-fourth inch.
Users who are new to using an air compressor might find it difficult to set up. Truly, this was designed for long term users. Nevertheless, if set up properly, it is extremely powerful and very versatile.
This is definitely a very powerful air compressor. You will be very content with its very consistent work and it will not be much of a hassle to refill it because it refills quickly. However, this is not for people who will take it with them as it is bulky and heavy.
The price point of this one is pretty up there, but it is actually value for your money because this set has a lot of things that will make any handyman’s dream a relaity. First off, it has a tank that has six gallons. Also, it is very easy to drain because its drain valve is that of a ball type.
Further, it comes with a brad nailer, crown stapler, and straight nailer. The pump is also free from oil and requires little to no maintenance. At the same time, it has a very fast reloading time which is also equipped with a bottom loading feature. There is also an indicator which can alert users when it needs to be reloaded.
More than that, the compressor has an 80 for its dBA rating which is not that loud compared to the other ones in this list. Also, it has a shroud that went through rigorous durability tests. So when worse comes to worst, it can protect itself from further damage.
This might be a bit too overpriced especially if the person who buys this set already has the other equipment. This is fair to say as pretty much, the cost covers the tools that came with it and not actually the compressor itself. But again, this is a pretty solid product that will not let you down.
This one was made to be used for beginners because it practically has everything that you need. This is your best bet if you still have incomplete tools because this will surely be a bargain instead of purchasing the other equipment individually.
This one has such a huge tank size as it can carry 10 gallons. Not only that, but it also has a strong motor which has two horsepower. Therefore, it is very sturdy and to balance it all off, it also comes with wheels. At the same time, it operates quietly at 70 dBA even if it is not really a portable unit.
Moreover, it can easily start up because it has a no-load start which is paired with a low start-up draw for the amp. The power will also not be strained because it can be run at only 14 amps. As for the motor it has 1680 RPM, so it can last for a long while. The fill-up time is also fast even though it is already empty as it can complete it in only 130 seconds.
There are also connectors for quick release where your tools can be used simultaneously as the unit itself is powerful enough to handle big air tools. It also has a limited one year warranty that unfortunately will not cover most of the vital parts.
This can be pretty tough to find a designated space for because it ha such an awkward shape. Transport is not also easy even though it already has wheels. It does pack a punch but at the cost of being portable. Also, the warranty is confusing.
This has decent power but that is at the expense of inconvenience as it can be hard to drag around even though it already has wheels. At the same time, the warranty is also like not having one at all because most of the parts are not covered.
Last but not least, we have a unit that is a bit middle in terms of price but it actually has a maximum of 150 PSI. Therefore, it can be used for running times that are longer. At the same time, it has a plug and an air coupler that is already installed by the factory on the hose. So you really do not have a lot of things to set up.
It also has a water valve for draining that water which is attached to its six-gallon tank. More than that, it runs on such a low volt motor which is at 120 volts. This can also easily start up even though it is under cold temperature. The pump itself is also free from the use of oil.
This one is really parts galore which again can be very redundant especially if you already have those tools and parts. On the other hand, there is really not much to note except for the fact that it is very easy to use.
Buying an Air Compressor - A Guide
There are five major factors to look out for if you are interested in buying an air compressor. Of course, these ones are related to pertinent features and your purpose but do not let these factors hinder you in any way for choosing what air compressor you really want.
PSI stands for pounds per square inch. The thing to note about this is the higher the PSI, the shorter the time it takes for the tank to completely refill. Therefore, those air compressors with a higher PSI are best to be used on bigger jobs because they are very faster and more efficient. These higher PSIs are great to be used when filling up the tires of a trailer. This is a good example because if you have an air compressor that exceeds that overall PSI of all the tires, then it is better than that with a smaller PSI that you need to refill between refilling each tire. But again, just like what we said before, there are other factors but this one is most definitely an important one.
On the other hand, if your air compressor has a quick recharge time, having a high PSI will not really matter that much. But again, the thing that we are looking at is how much running power you have until it runs out. Of course, it is better to not run out of power instead of recharging it over again. Not only that, constantly recharging the unit can lead to its ultimate destruction. For those which have small units, it is okay for it to not be used by multiple people, therefore having a low PSI can be good. But if you want your unit to be used by many people, you should have a higher PSI so that there will be no work stoppages.
This is the reason why people who use air compressors for businesses choose higher PSIs because, in that way, it is more productive. So keep in mind that if you are going to hire people to do work for you, take note of those who have air compressors with low PSIs this means that they will continuously stop working to recharge it, which is a complete waste of resources because it will take longer to finish the job. Surely, you will just keep on spending money on hours that were not actually worked. So stay away from contractors that operate using an air compressor with a low PSI. On the brighter side, if they have air compressors with higher PSIs, you are guaranteed that they will finish the job quickly which will save you a lot of time and money.
At the same time, smaller units of air compressors are not really that bad. Just as long as they have a bit higher PSI rating so that you will not wait too long for it to recharge, These are great for working on small jobs. Do take note that it is easier to drain the power since you are working with power tools that consume a lot of power. But again, if it is a job where you constantly need to have an air compressor with you, it is going to be very inconvenient to drag a bigger one.
You really do not have to worry too much about finding such a high PSI because the units of today are usually made with high ones. In fact, even the medium rating of PSIs can handle a larger job. There are even some smaller units that can complete a medium sized job without even having the need to recharge it. But again focus on the rating because the PSI cannot really be upgraded. With this one, what you see is literally what you get. So do not waste your money on a unit that does not have a lot of power.
Further, you also should consider a unit that has a high PSI and that it can work as far away as it can from an outlet. There are smaller air compressors that have some unique features for this concern specifically. But again having a low PSI is not really bad, just as long as it has other features that can make your work easier.
The same logic follows for the tank size. The bigger it is, the faster and more efficient it can finish the work. These are actually measured by the gallon, so look out for one that has a high number. The higher it is, the bigger that air that it can hold and the higher the air pressure that it can take. Actually, the best combination is an air compressor that has a high PSI and a big tank, but again, it is always based on what you need. Definitely, if you are constantly working on small jobs then a smaller tank will suffice. But again for bigger jobs, a bigger tank is needed, along with dual outlets which let multiple users plug into a single air compressor.
But honestly, the best ones are those units that have large tanks but also have two outlets. This is again due to the fact that it carries a lot of air but at the same time, a lot of people use it all at once. But here is a fair warning, because this type requires a lot of maintenance. Moving forward, you should take note of the balance between how big large the tank is and how high the PSI is. This is the case because a lot of companies tend to implement a marketing ploy where they only list the highest ranking while keeping the other ranking so much lower. Do not fall prey to this as you should always find a well-balanced air compressor. More often than not, they always boast a huge tank but a relatively smaller PSI. So just take note of all the ratings to be on the safe side. Again, remember that PSI and the size of the tank go hand in hand, they should at least have the same rating.
The reason behind this is that even though you have a high PSI but a low tank, you will still have to recharge it every now and then. Even if it can be recharged easily, the small storage proves to be a hassle because it will run out faster. Again, this is a waste of time and energy. Other than that, another bad combination and probably the worst is having a low PSI with a large tank. This means that it will take a longer time to fill up, which again equates to losing a lot of time and effort. With that said, it is extremely important to have a balanced PSI and tank size as they are partners in crime.
More than that, you should be on the lookout for additional features that will help you make your job easier. There are some options for the bigger tanks to replace the brush inside the motor. Moving on with the fact that you have a tank that can serve multiple users, you have to make sure that it can effectively manage that. Meaning to say, it can withstand pressure and will not bail on you once it is handling a heavy load. You have to do a lot of trial and error here because the extra cost for the multiple user aspect will be for nothing if you cannot use it properly.
This one is not really much of a concern, but still, you have to take note of this for your peace of mind. The dBA actually refers to how loud or how silent your air compressor will be. Of course, if you have a bigger one then it is expected to be louder than smaller ones. But for you to understand how it completely works, you should not only take a look at the level of the dBA but also at the way it was built. Take note that even though it has a low dBA, but the construction is poor, it will sound terrible.
Of course, if you are going to use it mostly at home and in enclosed spaces, having a low dBA is great so as not to disturb the neighbors and also to not make yourself deaf. But mostly, you should be focusing on the noise that can be bothersome for your neighbors. Think of it this way, normal construction work can really be annoying, but add to that another trilling sound which is continuous just like an air compressor, so we are sure that if you have such a loud unit, your neighbors will go nuts. More than that, air compressors tend to be used for long amounts of time, so imagine the length that the noise is on.
On the other hand, if you have an air compressor that is quieter, you can work on something without the next room hearing all of the commotions. A perfectly quiet unit is something where you can clearly listen to music while you are working. Surely, these are great for home use. Keep in mind that it does not mean that if a unit is smaller, it is quieter. In fact, some smaller units also have high dBA ratings. To be sure just check the box for the specific rating.
So it is already set that the best thing to go for is a quiet air compressor. Are there any ways to ensure this? Yes, there are! You can do two things. The first one is to look at the box and make sure that it has a low dBA rating. The second thing you can do is to watch reviews. It is important that you watch them so you can actually hear how quiet or loud a specific air compressor sounds.
Also, be on the lookout for unique features like switches where you can switch modes. Meaning, you can do a high performance or switch it up to quiet mode. Nowadays, the noise is pretty standard as manufacturers already found a way to balance out the noise, so the switch feature might just be available on old releases. Keep in mind that you also have to be realistic, there are no noiseless air compressors. As much as how quiet your unit can be, there is still going to be noise, so you just really have to deal with that. So just take extra precautions in order for the noise to not be that chaotic and disturbing.
This one is pretty self explanatory. Of course, this is based on your preference and also on where you are going to use your air compressor. The fact of the matter is, it is very hard to drag a 100-pound unit around your house. So if you are someone who is just going to use it for personal use, it is best to choose a lighter unit. But then again, this is where brawn and performance collide. This is the case because if you have a heavier unit, then most probably you have a more powerful one.
Therefore, for those who are using air compressors for commercial purposes, it is best to invest in large and heavy ones. Also, it is almost always a given that heavier air compressors have larger tanks and higher levels of PSI. Of course, they also have that handy feature wherein there is an interface for multiple users. As for the durability, the heavier ones take the cake. This is the case because they usually come in a cage which protects the tanks as well as its control panel.
We have already established that they can be more powerful but let us move on to the sound. Be prepared to blow your ears off, because these are very noisy units. They became this way because of course they pack a lot of power and they need to somehow release that pressure and that is by sound. Not only are they noisy, but they also tend to vibrate so hard. But all of those are overshadowed by the fact that work is faster and better with these heavier units.
On the other hand, if you are going to take the air compressor anywhere you should really use a lighter unit. Think of the stairs that you are going to climb as well as the ingress and egress of the unit itself. At the same times, they also tend to be less noisy. A good thing about lighter units is the fact that they tend to have high PSI ratings. It might be harder to find but there are also lighter ones that have that multiple user interface.
Of course, the air compressor itself will not work on its own, it needs accessories. However, there is a huge risk for redundancy if you settle for a set because you might already have those specific tools in hand. Therefore, the end result is that you paid for absolutely nothing.
This can be really tricky as sometimes a good compressor cannot be bought as one without having to buy the others. So a good thing to do is to check the accessories and make sure that they are all connected with the use of the air compressor. There are also instances where the tools that come with the compressor is not directly related to it. So what can you do?
Just make sure that you do not have those tools or at least get the ones that are versatile and that you know will be of use to you in the future. With that said, if the accessories that came with it does not fall under the things we said, then it is not worth it to splurge on those other tools.
1. What to Look for in Home - Based Air Compressors
There are a lot of factors to look out for when purchasing an air compressor for your home, but we narrowed it down to only three factors. Let us take a look at them.
• NoiseWhether you own a big house or not, you should definitely take this into account the noise that the air compressor will produce. No amount of soundproofing can mask the trilling sound of it. Therefore, make sure to check the dBA of your unit before purchasing it. Trust us, your neighbors and even your family will thank you for it because even small units tend to be so hurtful on the ears. Keep in mind that the smaller the dBA, the quieter it is. Further, it is important to know the make of the compressor as it also affects the sound.
• PortabilityThis category also includes the size of the tanks, if there are wheels, the weight, and the overall design of the air compressor. Of course, you would not want such a bulky unit laying around in your house because space should always be maximized to make everything look a bit cleaner. It is best to have a lightweight air compressor that has wheels so it will be easy to drag around your house. Further, having a basic shape like a square will make it easier for you to store it compared to circular shapes or irregular shapes. This also refers to how big or how small the size of the tank is. Keep in mind that having a bigger tank size is still better than that of a small one because this means that you do not have to let the compressor refill by itself all the time. This can be a bit tricky because if you go for larger tank size, it might not be as portable because the weight will also be a bit heavier. This can be balanced by choosing an air compressor that comes with wheels or at least in a case where you can carry it in a balanced way. Also, do not forget to take into consideration the accessories that come with it because this will also affect the portability aspect.
• Electrical CapabilityYou should work with what you already have in your home and obviously, you have an electrical outlet. Therefore, the air compressor that you should get should be electrical also. There are some that are powered by battery or at least recharged via the electrical outlet. But for convenience sake, try to go for compressors that are free from the use of any oil. In that way, it is also simpler to use the air compressor. At the same time, there are latest releases that can be powered via a USB cable. Surprising, right? But again, those are just for projects and other hobbies that do not require a lot of power. Your best bet is still that of an electrically powered air compressor that has a long cord so you can go to many areas without stopping the refilling process. In line with that, there are also cordless options which are great, but you still have to plug them back in order to efficiently refill.
2. What to Look for in Work - Based Air Compressors
There are three most important factors when contractors are looking for air compressors. These are the size of the tank, the ability of the compressor to be used by multiple people, and compatibility with other components. Let us briefly discuss those.
• Size of the TankSurely, you are going to work on a lot of jobs may it be small, medium, or huge jobs. Therefore, you need a large tank so that the work goes uninterrupted. In connection with that, it should also have a fast refilling time which also contributes to faster and more efficient work. Keep in mind that a larger tank means that it will be bulkier and that it is heavier. Therefore, you should also have the right tools in order to properly store the compressor or at least the right number of men to be able to move the compressor from one space to another. More than that, the size of the tank also affects the refilling time, so if you are currently working on something that requires a fast refilling time then going for larger tank size is not really ideal.
• Multiple User FeatureAgain, you are going to have to work with a lot of people especially if you are working on a big job. Therefore, it is essential that one air compressor can be used by a lot of people at the same time. Not only that, it should be able to handle such pressures and will not break down during the whole process. What we mean about the break down is the fact that the air pressure that it might release might not be as consistent compared to when only a single person is using it. In order to make this feature work properly, your air compressor should have a fairly large PSI so it can properly spew out air in a consistent manner. At the same time, you should also keep in mind that not all the time is the attached tool or equipment to the air compressor are of the same kind. More often than not, one person might be using a power tool while the other is using an airbrush. Therefore, there are varying degrees of air that is needed to power the tools properly. Your air compressor should also be able to adapt to the right amount of air or pressure that that specific tool needs. In line with that, there should also be a bit of a complicated control panel to operate and to customize those settings.
• Compatibility with Other ComponentsYou are kidding yourself if you are a contractor who relies on a large air compressor. For you to be able to carry out efficient work, it is best to invest in a myriad of air compressors. With that said, your large air compressor should also be compatible with smaller ones. Not only that, but they should also have different features to avoid redundancy. This is actually pretty common as a lot of contractors pair bigger air compressors with smaller ones. The bigger ones are the ones that they use for power tools while the smaller ones are used for weaker equipment or for detailing. There are also cases where the bigger one is just a supplemental power of the smaller one because the current activity calls for a more gentle pressure. Then there is that issue if what should be used. More often than not, workers will already have an assigned compressor for the day so that the wiring or electrical output of the many air compressors will not get tangled. Usually, the controls are also separate from the body of the compressors so there will be specific customizations. This is also a good thing so that every worker can easily control the specific pressure that will be used on their current tool.
3. What to Look for in Portable Air Compressors
You might be surprised that portable air compressors are actually the releases that have a lot of innovations. More than that, they always have unique features that cater to some specific needs of the user. This might be the case as the people who are buying portable air compressors are increasing in volume.
We really cannot blame them because even the smaller units can also do the same job as the bigger ones. More than that, there will be no problems with space because they can very easy to store. Not to mention the fact that it is very easy to carry everywhere. Let us now discuss the important factors to look for.
• PSIThere is really no problem with this one because as we have mentioned earlier, the portable releases have very huge PSIs and can really go after the features of the bigger ones. So you really just have to check the box just to make sure that it has a high PSI. Just keep in mind that a higher PSI means faster refill which leads to continuous work.
• WeightObviously, one of the reasons why you are going to buy a portable air compressor is the fact that you want to have the ability to move it around. Also, it should be lightweight enough to be carried on the stairs. But at the same time, it should also be heavy enough to accommodate a fairly large tank. Just like what we mentioned before, the tank size is important because it points out to the fact of how often you need to refill the air compressor. Not only that, but this also will be the depending factor of the speed of the refill. The downside is, a bigger tank means a heavier air compressor, so you just have to weigh out the pros and the cons on what is more important to you.
• Multiple User InterfaceThis is a huge problem for portable air compressors. Since the body is usually small, then there is really no space for a lot of other attachments and accessories. With that said, there are still some releases there that can allow for up to two people, but more than that, it is very rare. At the same time, this feature will cut down the default power of the air compressor, wherein the result is relatively low performance. But low performance does not necessarily mean that it is bad. It just means that there is a bit of a mismatch from the initial use to the time that it needs to be refilled. At the same time, there might also be times where there are bursts of strong and weak air pressure. As for that last one, that is where things can prove to be a bit problematic because you need a steady stream of power.
Those are the top 10 best air compressors in 2019. Definitely, there will be something special there that will fit your needs, preferences, and even spaces. Do keep in mind to know what you really want and align those goals to the air compressor of your choice. Further, there are factors that are clearly more important than the others because having an air compressor has a lot to do with power and the refilling time. We also gave you the important factors to look out for in general if you want a decent and working air compressor.
Check also our review about the best air compressor for spray painting.
These factors are PSI, tank size, dBA, weight, and accessories. More than that, you can also cater it based on your personal use or commercial use. Lastly, we also talked about portable air compressors and the corresponding factors to look out for to find not just a lightweight one, but a powerful one. All in all, just remember that power should always coincide with the ease of use so that work can be finished faster and more efficiently. Now, you are more than ready to buy your very own air compressor.