Do you want to change the look of your house? You might be surprised that you do not need to renovate an entire room just to freshen up the look of your house. In fact, sometimes, all you need is a new and fresh coat of paint on the walls. However, you might not be reaching for that paintbrush soon enough because paint splatter can be such an inconvenience.
No matter how hard you cover up everything, there will come a time that a bit of paint might seep through your precious floors or much worse, your furniture. Good thing you can just simply buy an indoor paint sprayer. Indoor paint sprayers are perfect for indoor use because they are not that messy to work with. So, that solves the problem, right? The next question is, which indoor paint sprayer to use?
Do not worry because we are going to discuss the top products when it comes to indoor paint sprayers. We are going to take a look at their features as well as their corresponding pros and cons to really see which one will suit your needs and preferences. We are also going to talk about some of the accessories that you get from these paint sprayers.
In order to enrich our discussion, we are also going to share with you a buying guide. In this way, you can be made aware of certain factors that you should look out for in choosing an indoor paint sprayer. Definitely, you do not have to be an expert to find the right product for you! Are you ready to take a look at our top five picks? Then keep on reading!
Our Favorite Indoor Paint Sprayer for Interior Walls:
|Product Image||Product Name||Product Dimensions||Weight||Warranty||Details|
|Graco Magnum 262800 X5||14.5 x 12.8 x 19 inches||0.16 ounces||Limited one year warranty||Buy on Amazon|
|Wagner 0529021 Flexio 890||19.2 x 13.2 x 11.5 inches||12.3 pounds||Limited one year warranty||Buy on Amazon|
|Wagner 0518050||0.1 x 0.1 x 0 inches||4.15 pounds||Limited one year warranty||Buy on Amazon|
|PaintWIZ PW25150||11 x 5.5 x 13.6 inches||4.25 pounds||Limited two years warranty||Buy on Amazon|
|HomeRight C800766 Finish Max||5 x 9 x 12.5 inches||2.76 pounds||Limited two years warranty||Buy on Amazon|
Take a look at this table of comparison to easily compare and contrast each product. You can see our rating where five is the highest and one is the lowest. As for the product dimensions, these are important for you to know if you have enough storage space for them. Also, knowing the weight of the product can give you an idea if you can constantly work with it. Further, you can easily see in which aspect it specializes in. Lastly, the warranty is also important because there will come a time where it will break down and it will be great to have after sales service.
Indoor Paint Sprayer for Interior Walls (Our Reviews 2020)
If you are after a great performance, then this just might be the indoor paint sprayer for you. It works well on interiors, but this can also be used outdoors. Its pressure can be adjusted which is great when the project that you are currently working on needs a lot of spraying versatility. What is also great is that it has an adapter which can connect to your garden hose. Therefore, you can clean it easily.
Going back to its performance it has a tip that can be reversed so that it does not easily clog up. The handle also has a filter which is another level of safeguard against clogging. Further, you will be happy with its sprayer because it can cover a wide area with just one press. It also does not have a lot of oversprays.
This does not have wheels so it can be a bit hard to carry around the house. Also, it is not the cheapest paint sprayer so be prepared to shell out a few big bucks. It is also heavy that you might feel a bit of a strain when carrying this for a long time.
This is the best indoor paint sprayer if you are seriously considering a sprayer that can finish the work in no amount of time. Further, this one can be used by both professionals and beginners because it is so easy to use. You also can really make it your own because of the settings that are available.
Moving forward to our next product, what we have here is an indoor paint sprayer that was built for speed. Surely, if you have this, your wall will be painted completely in no time. This is the case because with just merely five minutes, you can cover a wall that measures 8 x 10 ft. It also features such great spraying power.
Its weight is also ideal. It is neither too heavy nor too light, therefore you can easily bring this wherever you need to. What is great is the fact that the unit itself offers a lot of storage space for other accessories like nozzles or hoses. Talking about nozzles, this one has two types. The first one is for spraying in general, while the second one is for spraying in fine detail.
It does have a bit of overspray. Therefore, you really have to cover the area that you are working on properly. Further, it does not have safeguards against clogging. In fact, you have to constantly clean its nozzle to prevent that from happening. So this requires a lot of maintenance.
This is a perfect pick for you if you are someone who wants to get the job done fast. Also, this will be great if you have a lot of time to clean up after using it. This is the case because this requires a lot of maintenance. However, we can assure you that cleaning this is well worth it due to its great performance.
You might be expecting a paint sprayer that has limited features when you are trying to save money on buying one. If budget is your main concern, then this one might just be the choice for you. It has a lot of features despite the low price.
In fact, it has a lot of controls wherein you can adjust the spray of the unit. Therefore, you can use it on a lot of different projects. In total, you can choose from three patterns. You can spray in a pattern that is circular, horizontal, and vertical. Further, this can also be used outdoors.
It might take awhile before you get to paint anything. The reason behind this is that you have to thin the paint because the unit cannot process the paint as is. Also, you have to eventually stop in the middle of the painting process to let it cool so that it will not overheat. This break is also great because this one is a bit heavier than others on this list.
If you are on a budget but still want an indoor paint sprayer that can finish the job, give this one a look. Although there is a bit of a setback in terms of its overall performance, this is still a good option because of its versatility. Just be prepared with the pre-painting process as well as the cool down.
Of course, there are still those projects that only require indoor paint sprayer that is not too large. If you only need to complete a small paint job, this product from Wagner is worth looking at. It is made of plastic, but it is still reliable. Further, it is very lightweight so you will not feel any strain even if you use it for a long time.
There are three spray patterns that you can choose from. The first one is that you can spray vertically. The second pattern is that you can spray horizontally. Lastly, you can also spray in a pattern that is circular. It also has little overspray. Moreover, it is great that it comes with other accessories that can make your job easier.
Obviously, this product cannot finish large jobs. Well, in reality, it can, but you need to devote at least a day to finish just one wall. Also, it can get easily clogged not because of its performance, but because of its small design. Therefore, you have to stop the painting process to clear out the nozzle.
If you need something that you can take practically anywhere and one that will not take a lot of space in your house, this is the perfect pick. Just keep in mind that finishing a big paint jobs is not possible with this one. So if you just need quick retouches or only need to paint one wall, this will be perfect. Be mindful of the clogs!
This is yet another small indoor paint sprayer that will be perfect in completing small paint jobs. You can also adjust the spraying options for this one so you can spray in different patterns. Accordingly, you can choose from circular patterns, horizontal, and vertical. Further, this is also great to be used outdoors.
It has a spray needle that is made of brass which also has a covering. Therefore, this can prevent overspray as well as keep the integrity of the spray needle. This will be a good option for beginners because you do not have a lot of settings to play with and it is pretty straightforward to work with.
You need to thin out the paint before you can put it inside this sprayer. This is the case because the thick consistency cannot be dispersed well through the hose and nozzle. Further, you might experience a bit of leaking with this one due to its very compact design. Moreover, it does not come with a lot of accessories that can elevate your painting experience.
If you are just starting out with your DIY projects, this is worth checking out. This is perfect for newbies because you really do not have to fumble with a lot of settings. On the other hand, at some point, you might need to purchase another unit to get versatility. But this is a good starting indoor paint sprayer.
• A Pressure that is AdjustableAdjustable pressure refers to the settings that are available in your paint sprayer. In general, there are three spraying patterns to choose from. These are circular, horizontal, and vertical. There are also release that offer a thick spray or a thin spray. For other sprayers, you can choose from light, medium, and strong sprays.It will be great to have a lot of options because that means that the sprayer can be used in different projects. The nozzle can only do a limited amount of work, so you have to get the right settings. With the adjustments that we mentioned, you can really make the most out of your sprayer because you can easily customize it.
• FiltersIf your indoor paint sprayer has a filter or several filters, this speaks a lot about maintenance. Why is that? The job of the filter is to catch paint clogs so that it will not reach the main hose and nozzle. Therefore, you do not have to constantly clean both the nozzle and the hose. All you have to do is to clean the filter as all the gunk is already caught there. Just keep in mind that sprayers that have filters can be a bit more expensive than others that do not have it.
• SizeSize is also important in such a way that it refers to the power of the sprayer and the storage space that you need to allocate for it. If you have a sprayer that has a huge size, this means that you need a lot of storage space. So this also has a lot to do with the amount of use that you want to get out of it. If you are going to devote a designated space for it, you should be able to use it fairly often.Moreover, its size can tell you a lot about its power. If you only have a handheld device, this means that you can just use it on small projects. On the other hand, if you have a ground unit that usually comes with wheels, you can complete a large paint job. In short, having a bigger indoor paint sprayer means that it is more powerful.
• WeightThis is in line with the previous factor which is size. Weight speaks a lot about the storage space and also the effort that you need to exert while painting. If you have a lightweight unit then you can use it for a long time without feeling any strain. However, lightweight sprayers tend to need a lot of paint refills. Therefore, you need to stop in between painting just because you need to put paint inside the canister.On the other hand, if you have a heavy one you do not need to refill it as much. The disadvantage with this is that you get tired easily because you are holding up a sprayer that is a bit heavy. Therefore, you still have to stop the painting process just so you can relax your arms and hands. In fact, for a heavier unit, you really need to use both of your hands to spray paint properly.
• CapacityThis is where the number of refills comes in. You might think that this is not a hassle at all. But remember that you are working with paint, therefore you tend to mix two or three colors of paint. Therefore, if you want a custom color, it can really be a bother if you need to keep on mixing just to arrive at the proper color.More than that, for units that require you to thin out the paint before putting it in the canister, this can prove to be quite a hassle. This is the case because you have to properly measure paint and primer to produce a proper color pay off. In many cases, when the primer is too much, the paint can run and prove to be such a nuisance in terms of leaking.
• Spray Painting Tips and TricksHere are some tips and tricks to help you paint your indoor walls. Especially if you are a beginner, these things can help you paint easily. For professionals, this can help you finish the job faster and easier.
- Always expect overspray. Even if the product claims to have little to no overspray, it is still safer to cover your working area. Remember that you are working with a spray so you do not have much control over the output.
- If you notice that your sprayer is clogging a lot, this simply means that the paint needs to be thinned out. You can do so by mixing a bit of primer with your paint.
- When spraying, make sure to make straight and light strokes. Also, keep your hand moving as you do not want to concentrate a lot of paint in one area. This will result in oversaturation and you might notice that the paint will easily drip on the wall.
Those are our top five picks for indoor paint sprayers. Now, it will be more than easy for you to take your pick. There are definitely a lot of choices to choose from, but if ever you are still not sure of what to get, just take a look at our comparison table to easily compare our product recommendations.
More than that, our buying guide is there for you to further assist you to see the factors you should focus on. Of course, it is not just about the price but the overall performance of the indoor paint sprayers. So take note of your budget, if there is minimal overspray, or there is enough power or portability. Just remember that useful tools like indoor paint sprayer can only prove to be really useful if it can work around your place.
With that said, you should also be aware of the furniture in your home. Can you completely cover them with plastic to protect them from the spray? If your furniture is fixed on the floor, then this will dictate how big or how small the indoor paint sprayer should be.